How Much Does the RAM 1500 Weigh?
The 2020 RAM 1500 curb weight ranges from 4,798 lbs to 5,374 lbs unloaded, boasting a class-leading design that enables high towing capacity and max payload capacity. When loaded with gear and passengers, the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of the 2020 RAM 1500 varies between 6,800 lbs and 7,100 lbs. Let’s break down the difference between weight, GVWR, and Curb Weight so you can figure out which RAM 1500 weighs what you need it to for work or pleasure in Newton.
What’s the Difference Between Curb Weight and GVWR?
Curb weight is the weight of a vehicle when there are no passengers or gear in a vehicle. It’s the pure weight of the vehicle, before any other variables are introduced.
GVWR is the max amount of weight you’ll want the vehicle and its contents to weigh. The unloaded weight of the 2020 RAM 1500 doesn’t factor in passengers, additional equipment, or towing weight. GVWR is the maximum weight that can be safely stowed in the vehicle – encompassing the vehicle weight, passengers, cargo, and tongue weight if you’re towing.
It’s important to recognize that tongue weight is not the same as towing capacity – rather, it’s the amount of weight the trailer places on the hitch of your RAM 1500. This means that GVWR does not inhibit the max tow weight of your RAM 1500.
2020 RAM 1500 Curb Weight by Trim Level
With its mix of steel and aluminum, the 2020 RAM 1500 possesses a durable frame that’s optimized for minimum weight with maximum carrying capacity. Learn more about the trim level’s curb weight in detail here:
- 2020 RAM 1500 Tradesman: Between 4,798 lbs and 5,227 lbs
- 2020 RAM 1500 Big Horn: Between 4,891 lbs and 5,160 lbs
- 2020 RAM 1500 Laramie: Between 4,891 lbs and 5,232 lbs
- 2020 RAM 1500 Rebel: Between 4,971 lbs and 5,374 lbs
- 2020 RAM 1500 Laramie Longhorn: Between 4,903 lbs and 5,232 lbs
- 2020 RAM 1500 Limited: Between 4,903 lbs and 5,232 lbs
2020 RAM 1500 GVWR by Trim Level
Thanks to its optimized 2020 RAM 1500 curb weight, the GVWR allows drivers to carry a ton in Altoona, sometimes literally. The GVWR of the RAM 1500 varies depending on the RAM 1500 configuration you choose – the GVWR depends on the trim level, cab choice (crew cab or quad cab), and the bed length:
- 2020 RAM 1500 Tradesman: Between 6,800 lbs and 7,100 lbs
- 2020 RAM 1500 Big Horn: Between 6,800 lbs and 6,900 lbs
- 2020 RAM 1500 Laramie: Between 6,800 lbs and 6,900 lbs
- 2020 RAM 1500 Rebel: Between 6,800 lbs and 6,900 lbs
- 2020 RAM 1500 Longhorn: 6,900 lbs
- 2020 RAM 1500 Limited: 6,900 lbs
2020 RAM 1500 Towing Capacity
The 2020 RAM 1500 can tow up to 12,750 pounds of equipment, materials, or supplies on the Ankeny streets. Again, the towing capacity does not equal tongue weight, but it does influence it, making it a factor of GVWR. Thankfully, the 2020 RAM 1500 optimizes its towing capacity with the following technologies:
- Active-Level™ Four Corner Air Suspension
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection
- 360 degree Surround View Camera
- Available 4×4 Off-Road Package
Check Out the 2020 RAM 1500 at Gregg Young Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Newton
Visit Gregg Young Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Newton near Marshalltown to learn more about its weight and towing capacity. Take a look at our new Dodge, RAM, Chrysler, Jeep specials and our used inventory to find the best possible model and deal for you. When you’ve found the RAM 1500 you’re looking for – or if you have any questions – contact us for assistance.