2020 RAM 1500 Towing Capacity
The light-duty 2020 RAM 1500 has a maximum towing capacity of 12,750 pounds, which is a Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* capacity. This means you can tackle tough jobs and tow large loads while staying within your budget and enjoying a more fuel-efficient engine. Learn more about the new RAM 1500 towing capacity and other specs below, then contact Gregg Young Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Newton near Altoona to schedule a test drive and experience the power in person.
How Much Can a RAM 1500 Tow?
The 2020 RAM 1500 has four engine options to choose from, with different towing capacities and power levels. However, with each engine you’ll get a standard Class-Exclusive TorqueFlite® 8-speed automatic transmission, and depending on which trim level configuration you choose, you’ll get a payload capacity ranging from 2.100 to 2.300 pounds. RAM 1500 engine specs are as follows
- 3.6L V6 24V VVT eTorque Engine Upg I—produces 305 hp and 269 lb-ft of torque. Towing capability maxes out at 7,730 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT Engine—produces up to 395 hp, 410 lb-ft of torque, and tows a max of 11,610 pounds.
- 5.7L V8 HEMI® MDS VVT eTorque Engine—produces the same figures shown above, but boosts towing to 12,750 pounds.
- 3.0L EcoDiesel V6 Engine—produces up to 260 hp, 480 lb-ft of torque, and tows a max of 12,560 pounds—the highest diesel tow rating in the class.
More Features for Easier Towing
Whether you need to tow a camper out of Marshalltown or equipment through Ankeny, there are plenty of features on the RAM 1500 to make towing easier and safer. Here are a few examples:
- Blind Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross Path and Trailer Detection: This available system watches your blind zones, and automatically accounts for trailer length.
- Largest-in-Class Brakes: The RAM 1500 features 14.9-inch brakes for greater stopping power on Ankeny and Marshalltown roads.
- Multi-Function Tailgate: This available tailgate has a 60/40 split gate, offering more ways to access the bed while still being able to handle demanding loads.
- TorqueFlite® Transmission: This transmission works in tandem with the eTorque mild hybrid system to help the RAM 1500 earn up to 20 mpg city/25 mpg highway.
Find Your Ideal RAM 1500 Pickup in Newton
When you are ready to take a highly capable pickup truck home Monroe, browse our inventory and find the new RAM 1500 for sale at Gregg Young Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Newton. If you want to check out more pickup options, browse our entire selection of RAM trucks for sale in Newton today!
Learn More at Gregg Young Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Newton
The 2020 RAM 1500 curb weight ranges from 4,798 lbs to 5,374 lbs unloaded, boasting a class-leading design that enables high towing capacity and max payload capacity. When loaded with gear and passengers, the Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) of the 2020 RAM 1500 varies between 6,800 lbs and 7,100 lbs. Let’s break down the difference…
The light-duty 2020 RAM 1500 has a maximum towing capacity of 12,750 pounds, which is a Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* capacity. This means you can tackle tough jobs and tow large loads while staying within your budget and enjoying a more fuel-efficient engine. Learn more about the new RAM 1500 towing capacity and other specs below,…
With the right equipment, a light-duty 2019 RAM 1500 can tow up to 12,750 pounds, earning Best-in-Class V8 Engine Towing* capacity for Altoona area drivers and their jobs. With enhanced capabilities compared to the 2018 RAM 1500, along with better gas mileage to keep you on the road longer, Gregg Young Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram of Newton shoppers are already talking about…
*Class based on Light-Duty pickup.